Thursday, July 30, 2009

not Seeing Dead Weather in NYC



Since my last post I have quit my boring summer job at a poorly managed coffee house to write full time for SMS, study Russian, and travel a bit. My first stop after my temporary retirement was NYC.

While I was in NYC from July 15th-19th Jack White set up a temporary record store in the East Village to celebrate the release of Dead Weather's new album. The band also played a set on that Wednesday, but I couldn't make it. I did manage to snag a few shots of the set up while I was in the area.

If you haven't already heard Dead Weather is a new groupComprised of Alison Mosshart (of The Kills and Discount), Jack White (of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs), Dean Fertita (of Queens of the Stone Age) and Jack Lawrence (of The Raconteurs and The Greenhornes). Here is a picture of the two day record store, Third Man Records.

I also took a couple quick shots of the line wrapping around the bloc.








But Wait let's take little closer look at the red sign on the left...


mmmm.... situational irony....

No comments:

Post a Comment