Monday, May 11, 2009

The BLK JKS



The BLK JKS are a awesome combination of indie- rock, psychedelic, and South Africa grooves. The band is from Johannesburg, South Africa, and they just released their new EP called Mystery. I just finished listening to the EP, and I think its great. They a have a winning combination of clever lyrics (most of which are in english), and psychedelic south african grooves.

The label has been generous enough to allow you to download one fourth of the four song EP off their website. I have linked to that song called Lakeside below. Unfortunately, I think Lakeside is the song on the EP least likely to make an impression in swirl of promotional indie-rock songs floating through the blogosphere. So I have embedded a Youtube video of another, more jam-band-y song of that EP for your enjoyment.



No comments:

Post a Comment